Services Acclr – Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal
The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal (the Chamber) has 8,000 members. Its mission is to be the voice of the Montreal business community and to act for the prosperity of the metropolis. It is involved in key sectors of economic development by advocating a philosophy of action based on commitment, credibility, proactivity, collaboration and avant-gardism. The Chamber also offers a range of specialized services to individuals and businesses of all sizes to support them in their growth here and abroad.
The acclr-services from the room combine our services in business development, international trade, business intelligence, financing support, labor and group insurance, all aimed at accelerating the creation and growth of businesses .
WHAT WE OFFER?
A superb, dynamic and stimulating work environment where a spirit of camaraderie and joviality prevails and where diversity is valued within the teams. You will be in close contact with an impressive number of entrepreneurs and major decision-makers from all walks of life and communities. We offer competitive compensation as well as a full range of medical and dental insurance. The Chamber is located in one of the most prestigious buildings in downtown Montreal, very close to the Square-Victoria metro station.
WHAT IS THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY?
Advisor, Export Accelerator Programs
(Permanent full-time position to be filled immediately)
Reporting to the Manager, Advisory Services and Export Programs, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the coordination and implementation of the International Trade Acceleration Program (PAC) in Quebec (identify and recruit relevant companies);
- Analyze export plans and provide feedback and customized solutions to companies participating in the PAC;
- Support the fulfillment of advisory service mandates for SMEs wishing to initiate export activities or diversify their markets;
- Provide personalized support and technical support to SMEs participating in various activities;
- Ensure good communication and good collaboration with the marketing and partnership teams to ensure adequate and timely promotion of activities;
- Provide support to participating companies during and after each session;
- Ensure effective administrative and budgetary monitoring of assigned projects;
- Support the organization of activities contributing to the success of exporting SMEs and contribute to the recruitment of companies participating in these activities;
- Develop and maintain a relevant network of contacts;
- Represent Acclr in business development activities in Quebec.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business or any other relevant training;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in international trade;
- Understanding of the needs and reality of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Experience in writing and/or analyzing export plans;
- Ability to interpret budgets and financial statements;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partners and clients;
- Strong adaptability, analysis and problem solving skills;
- Diplomacy and developed sense of customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a high level of professionalism;
- Experience in planning and executing events (face-to-face and virtual);
- Sense of organization, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities (rigor);
- Ability to meet short deadlines and project management skills;
- Resourcefulness and use of creative thinking to solve problems;
- Bilingualism (French and English) and excellent written and oral communication;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested persons are invited to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter via the form.
Please note that we will only communicate with those who have been selected for an interview.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 3, 2022.